quote

"Children learn to smile from their parents." -Shinichi Suzuki

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Mystery Rash

Finally starting to get over the mother of all colds this weekend, it looked like Reese was finally on the mend.  Then on Sunday I noticed what looked like a mosquito bite on her chest, which was strange because she hadn't really been outside, and I'm no bug expert, but I think it's too cold for mosquito's.  So I didn't think much of it.  Later that night, after her bath I noticed those marks ALL OVER HER, my first thought was chicken pox!  I was reminded shortly after by our babysitter, who I called in hysterics, that she has actually been vaccinated for that, and any case she developed would be mild....but in my mass hysteria over the rash covering my 2 year old, any logic like that went straight out the door! And the rash was strange, it would just disappear! I new spot would pop up and before I could get my husband back to look at it, it would be gone and a new spot would pop up somewhere else.  The dr got her in in first thing in the morning and told me that it was Viral Exanthem.  A rash small children sometimes get when they have a viral infection, I had NEVER even heard of this before!  Thankfully it isn't really harmful, and Reese doesn't even seem to notice it.  But I was really surprised at the diagnosis, because I had seriosly never heard of anything like that!

Now, I'm a crazy first time mom, I read what to expect while your expecting and what to expect your first year and any other overly informative book with way to much information that makes you always think the worst of anything your child has,  I could get my hands on, and I had never heard of kids getting a rash with a cold!

At any rate, the rash hasn't gotten worse and she doesn't even seem to notice it, I guess you learn something new everyday!  The Dr. said it will clear up as she fights the virus.


Yesterday was the 1st day (of 7) for a vinegar cleanse that my best friend and I are doing.  We wanted to do this cleanse and then lead right into a good healthy diet to try and shed some weight for a wedding we are both in at the end of May.  I thought, how bad could vinegar be??  Turns out REALLY BAD!  You are suppose to drink 2 Tbsp of it in 8oz of water 5 times a day!!  I actually had nightmares last night about having to wake up and do it all again today.  There are also diet restrictions involved to aid the cleanse, but the vinegar is AWFUL! It better be worth it!!! 

3 comments:

  1. Vinegar cleanse, oh that does sound awful! I couldn't do that, good luck.
    I also have never heard of that viral rash - can't even remember the name. And I have two kids, one of which always seemed to get everything under the sun when he was in daycare for 2 years. Glad to hear it isn't serious, hope she feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your little one is on the mend!!

    Joy & Blessings,
    Alida

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, vinegar 5X a day

    Thanks for stopping by and visiting from the Ultimate Blog Party! Hope you have a great week!

    http://www.thecouponchallenge.com/

    ReplyDelete